Wednesday, August 13, 2008

loving the olympics!

i haven't written in awhile..partly because not very many people read this and partly because i click on it and don't feel like signing in to write a new post! lol...but i thought i'd write because i have decided to try to train for another marathon. this time the AZ phoenix PF Chang rock 'n roll in AZ. i hope my physical condition and the weather conditions are a bit better than the L.A. marathon i did w/ mom in 1999 but it seems fitting that it'll be 10 yrs. since my 1st marathon. so far i'm up to 5 miles for my sunday long run. this sunday goes back to 2.5 miles. keep your fingers crossed! :) as always the summer olympics is a terrific inspiration!!!!!!!

5 comments:

karen said...

Nine years later, I'm still impressed that you ran the first marathon! Good luck with training for your next one!

Sister K said...

thanks! a couple people in AZ are training too, at least 1 so far so we can keep each other in check! :)

Mom said...

P.F. Chang feeds you really great at the end! I'll be there to cheer you on! (Probably at the END, not next to you this time!)p.s. Even if Karen and I are the only ones that read your blog, I love it!

'Becca R. said...

Oh, great, Kat...here I was all proud of myself that I could make it through the 40 minute Turbo Jam DVD without throwing up, and you're doing 5 miles every morning. *sigh* My summer quest to become a MILF falters as the season ends...

I won't be there physically to cheer you on, but if this marathon does the online tracking of runners (where little computer thingies on your shirt number register as you pass certain points in the race), I will be sure to cheer you on over cyberspace (and then dump cyber-Gatorade over your head when you finish)

Sister K said...

lol....no....don't feel bad...i am absolutely NOT running 5 miles every morning!!! lol!!!! i'm doing it the hopefully injury free way (which will not be to run it in 2 hrs!)