Monday, June 30, 2008

ta da! come on over!


ever since my backyard chair incident (scroll to some past blog here for pix), i've needed/wanted to get some patio furniture. my patio is not huge but it's very garden"y" back there and so everytime i go to the grocery store, i've been checking out the sets and chairs they have. but then pass them by. so i decided to head out to walmart today just to look and see what they had. anyone who knows me well knows i'll wait forever to get something until i see just the right thing...hence me waiting 2 years to get my couch way back in cali (also the money saving thing, but whatever...lol)...so at walmart i saw a green padded couch, two chairs and coffee table set that was so cute! i was gonna go for it but in reality, i do not have a pickup truck and did not know if the set would a. fit in my car and b. fit on my patio. so i finally, after lots of sitting and rearranging of models, opted for THIS one :) same fabric on cushions pretty much but more bistro...i think it's bali bistro...or something fun like that :) and so the kind gentleman helped me get it off the shelf, to my car, and out of the box so the pieces would fit on the way home :) and then....i had to build it. myself. ARGH!!!! i think i read the directions out loud at least 15-20 times for the chair and i still have to tighten the table, and there's glass for the top of the table that i don't want to put on yet, but voila! i feel accomplished. and it looks good too (if i do say so myself)!

5 comments:

karen said...

Totally cute! Your patio is so much more chic than mine...

Sister K said...

yours is rustic w/ a gorgeous view!!! :)

Sister K said...

u too, can get chic furniture at walmart!

Mom said...

Puleeze don't sit down too hard until you're sure the chairs are tight! They look fabulous! Just to think it's not too hot to sit on them in Austin gives me goosebumps!

Chaotic Joy said...

It looks fabulous! So cute. My patio is a hodge podge of plastic chairs, a sand box, a water table, a gross swing and dead plants. It's very classy.