Saturday, February 9, 2008

oops....


i finally have a yard. yay! i finally have a garden. yay! so today i got sick of looking out the window at the dead stuff. i wanted to do the old owners proud. and i really wanted to continue to have a beautiful view. so i ventured outside for the afternoon and pruned, and weeded and made it look great if i do say so myself! so i decided to sit down in my chair to admire the hard work and listen to the birds. i saw a spot i wanted to touch up so i got up and did. when i went to sit back down (can you tell where this is going?), i sat on the chair i'd just been on, which, is not high above the ground. instead of getting an admiration seat, i got a huge surprise. BOOM. i went through the chair and was on the cement patio and somehow i scraped my elbows in the process. maybe that's a sign not to admire your own work too much? anyway, i was a bit stunned until it hit me (yeah, pun intended) that i was not on the chair but in the chair, and a bit sore, but all in all ok. i wish i could've taken a picture of myself but here's one of the poor chair...

4 comments:

karen said...

DOH! Ow...

It looks like that seat maybe flips up, so you can slide the fabric part onto the two metal rods? If so, I can make you new chair covers if you send me the dimensions. Or - even better - mail me the ripped cover and I'll use it as the pattern for new ones.

Mom said...

Since I am the culprit to donate the (obviously too many summers in the AZ dry heat) chairs, I'll volunteer to try to reupholster them when next I go to Austin for BBQ!

Mom said...

By the way, since the toilet float broke off in my hand when I touched it, are you seeing any pattern forming here?

Sister K said...

you're made of acid?