Monday, August 20, 2007

it's been awhile

ok wow. it's been awhile since my june post of extern II. i've since passed the NCLEX and, as a new RN have fit into the fast-paced, high-stress world of med/surg. med/surg is not where my heart truly is, but since that was the job i fell into, for now here i am. and holy moly i'm learning a lot. it's truly crazy. and, well scary and sometimes funny. i often think i should start a blog WNE (worst nurse ever) for some of my thoughts that flee in & out of my brain throughout my shifts...

anyway, i'm doing my best at med/surg and living here in AZ. but neither one i guess is for me long-term. and so i took some action and applied to an RN residency program in Atlanta. i also contacted a nurse recruiter in Austin. i want to at least move near people i know at this pt. in life but i can't quite bring myself to face the harshness of dark, b-lo winters again. or the expense or earthquake possibilities of Cali... but somewhere in between would work!

i know a few of you live over in atl and so, i would love any thoughts, suggestions ideas on great areas or just about the place in general (and if you have RN postpartum/nursery contacts that'd be great too...lol)

for now my head spins, my body aches and my eyes need new glasses for all i encounter in the week. off to hunt down some zzz's before my other day job in the am...

thanks!
sister k

1 comment:

Navilyn said...

Firstly, congratulations on passing your NCLEX!!!

As for moving, well, I moved from London to Atlanta, and have been here for 7 years. It's nice, busy, and there is a lot to do here...

Traffic is the only down side, there is no 'major' transport system in place. I guess I say that because am from London, and have used the 'Tube' and 'Trains' for years, in addition to driving...

I suggest this, come visit, spend a few weeks, and get your feet wet. From there you might be able to decide what you want to do...

Just my opinion...